Attending a Conference while Having Vacation: Why Not?


The 4th week of February 2013 was remarkable dates to me and 5 other friends (Kiss, Ifah, Isti, Rindy & Rina). It was the first time for us going abroad with our own itinerary and our own finance, and what made it more exciting is we went there because we were selected as speakers in 9th CamTESOL International Conference on ELT!

Actually we didn’t put high expectation when we sent our abstracts to the committee of the conference. We realized that we were still students—at that time—while other speakers must be experienced teachers and professors, but yeah, we finally made it!





I said it was my rehearsal for my thesis defense as I delivered the simplified version of my thesis titled “The Other Side of Literature Circle: Can We Employ it to Promote Autonomy for Young Adult Learners?” Trembling, for sure, but I was delighted because the attendants listened to me attentively and then gave me many questions, comments, and suggestions.



I was grateful that I went there with my crazy friends because they made this trip like a vacation. Yup, we went to three countries in a week: Singapore, Cambodia, and Viet Nam. 
Wandered around clean roads in Singapore, enjoyed peaceful environment of Phnom Penh and visited some pagodas, and experienced a scary night in Ho Chi Minh before walking around the city. Guess how much I spent on this? Not more than 4 million; all included! 8)






Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. Yups, that time, I expected nothing. But, God has arranged the sweetest plan for me and for us in general. That was my first experience stepping my feet abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always delighted to remember those days, Mbak. And hopefully, the next experiences of "stepping your feet abroad" will come soon.

    Anyway, can you share the link of your blog posting about this?

    ReplyDelete